This article is about how Esprit became the market leader in CAM when it comes to WIre EDM. Decades of collaboration have led to innovative solutions optimized for individual wire EDM brands and machines.
Here are some in detail explanations about Wire EDM in Espritcam software,
With its universal machining cycles, ESPRIT is the right choice for all wire EDM programming, including dies and punches for the tool and die industry, cavities, and inserts for mold making, medical components, and general mechanical parts. These machining cycles offer all-in-one support for the complete EDM process including wire and tank controls, rough cutting, tab, and slug handling, and finish skim cutting.
- All-in-one support for the complete EDM process
Advanced EDM Strategies.
ESPRIT‘s pocketing and contouring cycles offer extensive control over the cutting paths to provide the required part quality while minimizing cutting time and eliminate wire breakage. This includes application-specific functionality for punches and dies, mold inserts, land and taper cutting, and slug control. Other advanced functionality includes the addition of reliefs and special motions for sharp internal and external corners, entry and exit techniques that eliminate witness lines, and automatic corner rounding. To improve cycle time when performing multiple cuts, ESPRIT will alternate the direction of each cut instead of returning the wire to the start point at the beginning of each pass.
- Minimizing cutting time and eliminate wire breakage
- Application-specific functionality for punches and dies, mold inserts, land and taper cutting, and slug control
Solid wire Cycles.
Contouring, 2-axis with Advanced Conics.
- Offering separate rough and skim strategies for tapered and straight walls. Between cuts, ESPRIT automatically handles all the necessary wire-cut and wire-thread instruction
Pocketing, 2-axis No-Core.
- When the size or shape of a cavity makes it difficult to efficiently handle slugs (cores), this cycle erodes away all the material inside a cavity without creating a slug
- Erosion-driven using independent upper (UV) and lower (XY) profiles that may include synchronization at any point during the cut with roughing, tab management, and optional skim cutting
4-axis No-Core Pocketing.
- Using a 2-axis toolpath to cut the largest area that can be removed as a slug, followed by 4-axis no-core movements to erode the remaining material that cannot be removed as a slug; or a full 4-axis no-core pocket for the entire cavity without creating a slug
- Turn-then-burn (indexing): Contouring or pocketing using a rotary axis at a fixed angle
- Turn-while-burn: Contouring with a continuous rotation of the workpiece while the wire is burning.
- Spin and burn: Similar to lathe turning, removing the material by feeding a wire, instead of a tool, along a rotating workpiece to produce axially symmetric shapes
- Turn facing: Roughing using a series of index angles around the workpiece followed by a contouring cycle removing the stock. Material is removed in large pieces allowing for easy recovery and recycling
- Turn contouring: A finishing cycle that spins the workpiece using a rotary axis while contouring in 2-axis
EDM Drilling (Hole Popper)
- Hole drilling using an electrode for the precise machining of small-diameter holes
- Creates a wire EDM operation with rapid and/or feed movements along manually selected geometry
Optional Specialized Modules.
- Gear Generator
- CAM Generator
Machine brands Esprit supports…
Esprit supports all major Machine brands like MAKINO, EXCETEK, CHMR, ELECTRONICA, AgieCarmilles, FANUC, MITSUBISHI, Sodick, ONA etc.
We Millwright Techserv Pvt Ltd located at Chennai and Coimbatore and Hosur, an authorized dealer (reseller)for Esprit CAM in Tamil Nadu. Our EspritCAM tech center in Chennai is one of the best tech centers in India to learn Esprit CAM and to support existing customers. We provide the best CAM software and solutions for VMC, HMC, Horizontal Turning Center, Vertical Turning Center (VTL), HBM, Swiss-style machines (Sliding head machines), Multi-Tasking (Mill-turn) machines, wire EDM with local technical support. We have a wide range of customers base on Esprit CAM software for aerospace, valves, automobile, maintenance, die & mold, etc.
For a no-cost demo Call us on +91 9840999411